31 Dec 2017

Chocolate cup cakes and my first frosting ever:))))))

chocolate cupcake
I am so excited to post this one.Finally I tried icing on the cake..that too on these wonderful looking and absolutely delicious chocolate cupcakes.My husband got me a brand new  blender few days back.I consider it my x'mas gift;).But the very first recipe i tried was not this icing but that of Mayonise....it came really well..Then i tried this frosting with butter and icing sugar.I even made orange juice with my blender..yaaa i looooooove my blender😙






Look at them!!!..aren't they real beauties?I love these many colours here.I  bought these lovely silicon cupcake moulds recently.I am on a baking spree since Christmas.i have baked some cookies, cupcakes, chicken and so on.





INGREDIENTS

All purpose flour -1 1/2 cup
Baking powder -3/4tsp
Baking soda -1/2tsp
Coco powder -1/2cup
Sugar -3/4 cup
Egg -1
Oil - 1/4 cup
Buttermilk - 3/4 cup(i mixed 1/2cup milk with 1/4cup curd)
Vanilla essence -  1tsp

For frosting

Butter -100gm
Icing sugar -200gm
Vanilla essence - few drops
Milk - 2 or 3 tbsp
food colour of your choice a pinch

METHOD
Preheat oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes
In a bowl mix flour baking powder baking soda and coco powder and keep aside
In another bowl mix sugar and oil well
Add in egg and whisk
Now add vanilla essence followed by buttermilk and mix everything well
Add the wet mixture into the flour mixture and fold gently
Grease the muffin tray or mould and pour in the batter only till 3/4th of the mould
Bake for about 15-20 minutes
 Check whether the cake is done by inserting a toothpick or knife at the center .if it comes out clean your cake is done
while the cake is getting baked we can make the frosting
in a bowl add butter and blend at high speed for 5minutes
add icing sugar little by little and beat
finally add the vanilla essence and milk and beat again
your icing is ready
Allow the cake to cool once baked and apply the icing on the cake
Serve and enjoyyy...:)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful jazzz..
    sooo colourful..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking soo tempting ..sounds easy too .i am definitely goin to try this one

    ReplyDelete

add